Monday, January 12, 2009

Do you know how many "points" are in that???

Today was my first day back to counting points. I have been on and off of Weight Watchers for about 6 years now. Although I've always lost some weight on it, I've usually gained it all back and then some. Last year, it finally clicked with my brain though. It has become a lifestyle for me. When I'm not "counting my points" I have become aware of how my body reacts to certain types of food and how easy it is to gain weight. I mentioned in my last post that I read the book Never Say Diet. Chantel Hobbs is pretty anti-diet plans because they often aren't changes that you can make the rest of your life. I totally agree with this but for me and my anal personality I cannot just start "eating right" and working out. I have to have a plan to keep me in check. Weight Watchers is the only thing that has done this for me. My advice for anyone that does start some sort of diet-plan this year is to read a lot! I have become addicted to reading articles on what certain foods can do for your body, how and when to exercise, etc. Do not follow the diet-plan blindly. Be informed because it's your body that you are trying to take care of. A tool that has helped me with this is Spark People (www.sparkpeople.com). On a daily basis they send out new articles on weight-loss and exercise, as well as, healthy recipes. The website has tools to track weight loss, exercise, and other goals you might make for yourself. Happy counting to all you weight-watcher fanatics out there!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alright, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon here...started counting points today! Tough stuff...already 10pts over, because I had to eat dinner! :( There's a new program with WW, so I might check out a meeting to see what that's all about! I need to eat more! I'm weighting for an update...how'd your week go?