Thursday, January 1, 2009

Let's get this party started!

2009. I believe this has to be the first year that I haven't made a dozen New Year's resolutions. In fact this is the first year in a loooooonnnng time that I didn't even stay up 'til midnight. Am I really getting old? Well the one thing that I did want to do this year is to start a blog. I feel that 2008 brought so many great changes and I wanted to share God's ongoing blessings in Josh and I's life. So after several months of thinking up the perfect title to this page I decided to title it with the three constants in my life...God, diets, and dirty dishes. Since Josh and I got married it has been a struggle to keep our place clean. It's frustrating because I am a very organized person but I hate to clean. I tend to let things go until there are dishes flowing out of the sink, clothes all over our bedroom, and the living room in a disastrous state before I go on a cleaning rampage. My poor husband usually hides at times like this because I tend to get angry that we can't keep anything clean for longer than a few days. I predict I will have several stories to share of spilled coffee, unswept floors, and over flowing laundry baskets in 2009. For as long as I can remember I have been trying some sort of diet. Last year I had made a resolution to lose weight (particularly before going to Hawaii) and I believe it was the first time I stuck to it. I actually lost 35 lbs! Now, since moving to Minneapolis, Josh and I have both gained a bit of weight but I'm happy to say that I still am 20 lbs down since last year at this time. Now I don't resolve to go on a hardcore diet again this year but I do plan to continue to eat right and exercise. I have fallen in love with swimming and I was excited when I found out our new apartment had an indoor pool. I recently read a book by Chantel Hobbs entitled Never Say Diet. This is the book I have been looking for my entire life! It has given me a new motivation to get healthy. I recommend that you check it out, and please let me know what you think. Also, if there is anyone that needs a workout buddy, I'm in! And God. God will forever remain the center of my life. Although I may not always get to my devotions or pray for hours a day, I want to draw closer to Him every day. I feel I have become more aware of the small blessing that the Lord has for me every day. I pray that you see the blessings in your life every day of this New Year! Have a good one!

2 comments:

The Linns said...

Yay! It's up and running!!! loved your first post...can't wait to read more! :)

rjkleinsasser said...

I reserved "Never Say Diet" from the library and it finally came in. I can't put it down this morning...I echo your words - "this is the book I have been looking for my whole life!" I cannot believe how much I identify with what she is saying. Thank you for this suggestion!!